baby bristle nose dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clowninaround

Aquarium Advice Activist
So here is my problem ....established tank of a year no problems........mom and dad bn...first spawn 10 weeks old....second spawn 8 weeks old.....babies all died yesterday ....everyone one of them...even the ones I rehomed in other peoples tanks ......any ideas?

Idk that's a tough one. Where they all in the same tank at some point maybe they all got sick if they where. Or maybe it's the parents maybe they have a deformity that they pass on to there offspring. I'm not sure I'm not an expert on BN.

So here is my problem ....established tank of a year no problems........mom and dad bn...first spawn 10 weeks old....second spawn 8 weeks old.....babies all died yesterday ....everyone one of them...even the ones I rehomed in other peoples tanks ......any ideas?

Fry need steady, pristine water. Once my BN eggs hatch, I don't move the fry for about 3 months. They are sensitive to changes when they are young.
Did you have plenty of natural algae and plants in their tank? I have found that mine will only eat biofilm and algae for the first few weeks, then they start on veggies. It's some time before mine will eat algae wafers.
Do you feed a high quality algae wafer?
Are you certain your breeding pair are not related?
Are the breeding pair still healthy?

Pair was purchased from 2 different places 2 different times....had not moved the babies. They were eating wafers and vegetables with ease!

Another complete mystery! Hopefully this next lot will be fine, but if not, there has to be a genetic flaw with one of the parents. Hope not :-(

Mystery....there were 2 spawns in this group that died. So they were 2 weeks different in age!!

Back
Top Bottom