Baby Ghost shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Asbestos

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am going to call them babies because I don't think they are technically fry, anyways what should I feed them? they are currently being housed with some platy fry in a small floating breeder. So I put a peace of floating plant in there and continuing to feed the fry their food. Is their anything else I can feed them? and I will have some pictures later they are TINY! :D

since nobody else with more experience has replied, ill take a stab at it. I had ghost shrimp and rcs a while back, and i just fed mine regular old goldfish flakes.. if theyre small, you may want to crush it up, especially for the fry you have with them... pretty sure that they get the biggest part of their food from plants though, id make sure they have some in there, also makes them feel more secure being able to hide...

My RCS have no trouble feeding from birth... however, they're in my grungy 10G tank which is full of java moss and loose biomass. In other words, as long as the adults and fish rough up the dry food, the fry have no issue feeding themselves.

I breed yellow and red shrimp. I honestly don't worry about feeding my baby shrimp, let alone my adult shrimp. They seem to always find food anyways. The babies just appear over time so it's not that big of a deal. If you are worried about feeding them though, put some star fruit or cucumber at the bottom for them to eat, if they do not like that or you don't have any use finely crushed up fish food, any kind will work for shrimp. They are scavengers so they eat anything.

Back
Top Bottom