Black Neon breeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is what I use: ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1457799009.260791.jpg

The one in the second picture that you posted is called egg crate, and also works, but is more expensive.

The one in the picture I posted is cheap, and easy to cut. Needlepoint mesh...

This is out of a book, which basically describes how it is supposed to go.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1457799057.361001.jpg

Fish in, over the mesh, they lay eggs. Next day, take out the fish and the mesh, and the eggs will hatch within a few days

This is what I use: View attachment 285449

The one in the second picture that you posted is called egg crate, and also works, but is more expensive.

The one in the picture I posted is cheap, and easy to cut. Needlepoint mesh...

This is out of a book, which basically describes how it is supposed to go.View attachment 285450

Fish in, over the mesh, they lay eggs. Next day, take out the fish and the mesh, and the eggs will hatch within a few days

Wow, I guess I should start searching for books like that!! Yeah that gave me a picture. I'll try it as soon as I find that mesh :D

I'll try it on danios and neons as well. Btw do you know the ratio?? Or maybe 1:1?? Or put all of my neons in??

Sent from my vivo Y28 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The book is an old one, but really nice!

I'd DEFINITELY start with danios, they're a lot easier and once you're successful with them, I'd go on to breed tetras. It's practically the same setup, just that the danios eggs are not as fragile.

That's what I'm doing, I just hatched a ton of Longfin Leopard danios, hundreds of them! The pic only shows a fraction of them.

I spawned them 1:1, but some do 1 female : 2 males. If you do a group, then you risk 2 spawning and the rest eating the eggs before they are safe....ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1457813169.121192.jpg

I see. The only danios I've ever found in my lfs here are zebra and pink danios. And I have a mixed pink danios (some normal, some long finned). Probably gonna breed the long fin ones because they looks cool and cute xD (especially if you look from above, they will look like a plane lol)

Totally get the airplane reference!

I'd breed the ones that are most expensive, as you'll have a better chance of selling them than if they are "common" ones. Of course this is not true for all fish, but ones that are easy to breed usually have a few different forms/ colors.

Totally get the airplane reference!

I'd breed the ones that are most expensive, as you'll have a better chance of selling them than if they are "common" ones. Of course this is not true for all fish, but ones that are easy to breed usually have a few different forms/ colors.

I'd like to breed the expensive ones or the ones who don't exist in my country's local market, but its kinda hard to ship fishes to my country. But I guess I'll start by knowing how fishes breed first. Because I don't have that much budget to buy the expensive fishes and to keep and breed them.

The book is an old one, but really nice!

I'd DEFINITELY start with danios, they're a lot easier and once you're successful with them, I'd go on to breed tetras. It's practically the same setup, just that the danios eggs are not as fragile.

That's what I'm doing, I just hatched a ton of Longfin Leopard danios, hundreds of them! The pic only shows a fraction of them.

I spawned them 1:1, but some do 1 female : 2 males. If you do a group, then you risk 2 spawning and the rest eating the eggs before they are safe....View attachment 285457

It's true. When you start, you might try using Red Rio (H.flammeus). That's the same know-how, but much easier.
You find a lot of little things that need to be respected.
A large flock of teenage juveniles with finished color looks as good as the Neon. You can do this later. (So that you lose the joy not at the beginning).

It's true. When you start, you might try using Red Rio (H.flammeus). That's the same know-how, but much easier.
You find a lot of little things that need to be respected.
A large flock of teenage juveniles with finished color looks as good as the Neon. You can do this later. (So that you lose the joy not at the beginning).

There is no H.Flammeus in the lfs, but there is a black skirt tetra (Gymnocorymbus ternetzi). Not sure if they are easy to breed just like one and another tho xD

Not really aggressive (compared to some fish!), but they can nip each other a bit. But usually peaceful!

What if I combine them with angelfishes??

You can also try to make Tanichthys albonubes.
It is also very easy. But no tetras. Not South America, special Far East

102018-albums14463-picture69923.jpg

You can also try to make Tanichthys albonubes.
It is also very easy. But no tetras. Not South America, special Far East

102018-albums14463-picture69923.jpg

sadly not available in my country yet (rare here, I don't think anyone has bred them yet here). I'll have to order them online and I'm afraid to do so since I never had any experience and just don't know how to pay things online (haven't tried paypal yet)

Back
Top Bottom