Breeding Cory catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fwalkus12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey so I have abunch of different Cory catfish, I would like to try and breed some, I have like 9 albino supposed to be a breeding group maybe some of them, 8 panda corys, 2 sterabi, 3 emerald and 2 peppered. I have a 20g and I would like to try breeding them. Any advice never bred them before

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hey so I have abunch of different Cory catfish, I would like to try and breed some, I have like 9 albino supposed to be a breeding group maybe some of them, 8 panda corys, 2 sterabi, 3 emerald and 2 peppered. I have a 20g and I would like to try breeding them. Any advice never bred them before

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1485357342.625340.jpg

Good quality water and a water change that drops the temperature of the tank a few degrees always did the trick for my green Cory cats. Like 2 or 3 degrees. Not 10.

I have them all in a 90g community, I was thinking I should move them to a 20g for breeding? Should I just move only the albino ones first to try breed them? Or could I move albino and panda? Really want to try ?

Put just one species in the 20 gal. You don't want mutts and hybrids as some will cross breed. Sand on the bottom. Temp in low 70s. Water change with cooler water when a storm front is imminent. Hang a spawning mop in the corner. OH and most important, be sure you have both males and females.

Back
Top Bottom