Breeding FOR lyretail guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuppieStudent

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have two fancies as i have mentioned in my previous thread. However i am curious as to how much and if it would be possible and if possible what extent of breeding would i have to do from those two and the fry in order to ever so possibly achieve lyretail gups. If it might not be possible where could i find lyretail to buy other than aquabid.com? Please help.

P.S. Again as i have previously stated i will be posting some beautiful pictures of both my male and my female.

Thank you.....again!

-GuppieStudent (Glen) which ever you wanna call me.

Start with a lyretail if wanting lyretails. I've seen them at petco

Part of what im wanting to try to accomplish is this. I want to make a line of gups that will eventually have a very elongated tail as a lyretail AND of an elongated pin or spear tail to have a tail similar to a crown tail betta. So i see now that i will definately need a lyretail in order to begin. Thank you and tell me if you have ever heard of such a design. If not or if so let me know. Again thank you.

GuppieStudent said:
Part of what im wanting to try to accomplish is this. I want to make a line of gups that will eventually have a very elongated tail as a lyretail AND of an elongated pin or spear tail to have a tail similar to a crown tail betta. So i see now that i will definately need a lyretail in order to begin. Thank you and tell me if you have ever heard of such a design. If not or if so let me know. Again thank you.

With the umbrella tail that you want, I reccomend going to bettaakapes.com. I would reccomend starting with a trio of each type and selectively breeding from there.

Thank you. I looked more into it and that is exactly what i want/need for my breeding program. Thank you so much.

Back
Top Bottom