Brine Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThAtGuY11

Aquarium Advice Regular
just bought a brine shrimp hatcher with a few hundred thousand eggs. i plan to feed the baby shrimp to my guppy fry but i want to grow them to a larger size, any1 know what i can feed them, do they eat fish food?
pls reply

thx

I found this to be a great article on how to care for and grow brine shrimp. http://www.brineshrimpdirect.com/Brine-Shrimp-in-the-Classroom-c176.html

They also sell Spirolina Powder that can be fed to your shrimp.

It should be said that your brine shrimp are never more nutritious as when they first hatch and are still within their first 24-48 hours of life. The yolk sack that the shrimp live on is packed with good stuff that your fry will reap great benefit from. Most people keep two breeders running and use one a day to feed the fry. That way you have fresh young shrimp for your fry at all times.

HTH

When I grow out BBS, I feed them yeast and flour mixed in water.

BTW, there is no need to feed guppy fry BBS. They can consume crushed flake food very well. I have a 28 gallon tank with about 50 of them now and only feed them flakes.

rkilling1 said:
When I grow out BBS, I feed them yeast and flour mixed in water.

how much flour to yeast, and do i just put it together and throw it in the water?

I was using about a tablespoons worth of each to a cup of warm water. Add this mixture until the tank or whatever you are using is slightly cloudy.

Back
Top Bottom