Can I move german ram eggs from tank to tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

treverchaos

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have 5 german rams in a 47 gal tank along with 6 angels about the size of a quarter, 12 neon tetra, 2 mystery snails and a small (2 inch)bushy nose pleco.
A pair of my rams laid roughly 200 eggs on a flat rock which I then moved into a baby net attached to the top of the same tank.The eggs a currently safe from being eaten but the baby net is not nearly big enough to handle that many fry. I was wondering if I could take the whole rock out of the water and move it into a 10 gal breeding tank since I did not move the parents in time. Will doing so harm the eggs or prevent them from hatching? I believe that the eggs are currently less then 12 hours old. The 10 gallon tank has been fully cycled and would probably be the better environment for the fry. It's my first time breeding.

yup, just make sure they dont get chilled in the move. also try to match the temps in the tank. a litt bit of Methylene blue in their water wouldnt hurt either.

Back
Top Bottom