Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-29-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

cichlid breeding

We have expanded our fish collection with the beautiful cichlideas. We have one female who appears to be holding on to some eggs in her belly but do not know who she will or should be paired with. We are wanting to breed the cichlids but do not want to cross breed if possible. We do have. Convicts and africans but I read that just because they are african does not mean they are compatible. We currently mate swordtails and barbs. Any help on this topic would be great. I believe, not at all certain though, that she may be a jack dempsy because of the stripe and because she looks like pictures I have seen. I know it is very hard to tell them apart and in most cases impossible. I will try to upload a picture when she comes out from hiding. Thanks

Tags
breed, breeding, cichlid, ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com