Clueless with Congos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flei

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got a pair of Congo Tetras from my LFS about 2 weeks ago. The only fish I have parenting experience with are guppies. I saw that their colors had changed and had gotten darker and richer. Then the larger Congo (the male) started chasing the female around the tank like she stole something. When he finally caught up with her - Congo Sutra time... :brows:

That has been going on for several days. When I did a little research, I found this to be normal breeding behavior. My question is this... I've now got a film on the front pane of glass on my tank. Upon closer inspection this clear film is actually lots (hundreds) of tiny little dots that seem stuck to the glass, but sway in the water. Are those the eggs? If so, what can I do to help ensure some actually make it out alive?:hide:

Any help would be much appreciated.

This pic is terrible, but that's because they are swaying in the current. That is a very close up (1"). The white area at the bottom is my gravel. Those things are all over the front of my glass, and they weren't there this morning when I left for work. I'm hoping that they are indeed eggs, but not sure what to do if they actually are. I've only dealt with guppies... Google, here I come...

Attachments

• DSCN1630.jpg
    DSCN1630.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 45
Back
Top Bottom