cory eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

woo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was out in the living room earlier and noticed that my bronze cory had a ton of eggs underneath her! I just went back out to check and now it seems that they're on the glass against the front corner.

I guess this should be my choice but..should I make an effort to protect the eggs? I read that they would be gobbled up pretty quickly... I've never had to deal with pregnant fish or eggs so I don't know much :p Will they hatch soon?

If you want fry, remove them to a dish (I used a small margerine tub)of tankwater or even a breeding net with really small holes. The eggs will hatch in 3-5 days depending on temp. The eggs will be eaten if left into the tank (fish love caviar!). You may get a few that survive but not many. Your cories may also spawn a lot over the next week. If you remove them, be sure to treat for fungus. I am ASSuming that you have C. aeneus but most cories are pretty much the same. There are some harder to spawn cories.

Back
Top Bottom