CRAZY swordtails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EndlersEatGuppies

Aquarium Advice Addict
i know that when a male swordtail is chasing a female its trying to mate but what if the female chases the male. i bought 1 male and 1 female swordtail on Friday 4/1/11. the male leaves the female alone but the female will kick into high gear and chase the male in circles until the female gets distracted by the fry net.

:snipersmile::devilish: :eek2:

mine does that when she is trying to get him to leave her alone

if thats the case...then ive got no idea.maybe shes trying to claim everything as her territotory and is trying to chase him out?

Its a back and forth thing in my tank as well...you get days where the male chases the female....one does feel sorry, come the next day, tables are turned and he his hiding between plants to get away from her :D

i have seen my female chase my male then the other way around it maybe natural i have mollies they are probally a breeding pair

ummmmm

i have seen my female chase my male then the other way around it maybe natural i have mollies they are probally a breeding pair

Thats understandable mollymania but ONLY my female chases my male. The male never chases the female.

hm..... well mabey the male did something to get the female angry ?? or mabey she just dosnt like him... thats always possible. mabey she is just ... eh i dont know..... hm...nothing i can find.... try getting more and putting them in there.... it might help

Normally with swordtails when you have 1 male and 1 female the constant attempts from the male to breed with the female, the female tends to get grumpy and aggressive towards the male. I normally try to to stick to a 3:1 female to male ratio.

Back
Top Bottom