Eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rodgey_p

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
there are some eggs on the walls of my tank but i dont know which fish they are from? my dad recons they are snail eggs, partially because some of the eggs are stuck right under where the bubbles from my pump blow out, and the fish arent strong enough to swim into the bubbles, never mind lay eggs under them. are there any fish that could lay eggs on the aquarium walls, or even under the bubbles?

p.s. it could be neon tetras, kissing gouramis (although one has died so.....unless it was pregnant before it died...), corydoras or black tetras.

cheers! :D

If they are individual eggs as opposed to a blob, it is possible they are coryadoras eggs. They like to stick them where there is good water flow.

they are small and white, the small clump has 19 in it. there are lots through and i only have small snails. there is a total of about 100 eggs and as far as i know, my biggest snail is about 1/2 - 3/4 of a cm. the eggs are about 1-2mm diameter. i am unsure whether the snail is capable of proucing that volume of eggs? maybe i will just wait and see...?

thanks for your help! :D

You'd be surprised at how many eggs one snail can produce. I agree it sounds like snail eggs.

snail eggs 101, i have those darn snails in my tank and i constantly have the clumps of eggs, i just take them out and let them dry, take it off whatever they are stuck too and put it back in the tank, if its on the glass i stick it to my finger or net and toss them in the garbage, but now that i have a banjo catfish i catch him eat some small snails so my population stays low :D

rodgey_p said:
i thought cory's would lay on the gravel/tank floor as apposed to the walls? :?:

No, they stick them to the walls. Any jelly/goo present near/on the eggs? Are they right at the surface of the water? What sort of snails do you have?

Back
Top Bottom