Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 08-14-2013, 12:26 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 50
Fat Cory

Hi basically I have a shoal of 4 Venezuela Cory cats and one of them who I'm guessing is female is very large under her belly. She has been this way for the last week and have yet to see her release any eggs, does anyone know if its normal for corys to hold onto the eggs for a while? I done a water change and fed bloodworms to try encourage it and not seen any change yet. Any ideas?
__________________

__________________
Alba Cory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:01 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Joeysdiscus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alba Cory View Post
Hi basically I have a shoal of 4 Venezuela Cory cats and one of them who I'm guessing is female is very large under her belly. She has been this way for the last week and have yet to see her release any eggs, does anyone know if its normal for corys to hold onto the eggs for a while? I done a water change and fed bloodworms to try encourage it and not seen any change yet. Any ideas?
Could be bloat??? In which case you need to feed bloodworms they will flush her through but if you have in the last couple days and she hasn't changed then could be eggs.
__________________

__________________
Joeysdiscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 50
............
__________________
Alba Cory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeysdiscus View Post

Could be bloat??? In which case you need to feed bloodworms they will flush her through but if you have in the last couple days and she hasn't changed then could be eggs.
Thanks for the reply, if it was bloat shouldn't I have noticed any behavioural changes? Haven't seen anything unusual yet but I will keep an eye on her.
__________________
Alba Cory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:56 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Joeysdiscus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alba Cory View Post

Thanks for the reply, if it was bloat shouldn't I have noticed any behavioural changes? Haven't seen anything unusual yet but I will keep an eye on her.
Not always some fish just seem to deal with it well. Have you fed bloodworms since she's been like it??? If not try that and make sure she gets some if there's no change in a couple days it's eggs
__________________
Joeysdiscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.