Gbr spawn!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi! HELP! GBR's just spawned (introduced male yesterday!) and the female is the only guarding of the pair. They laid on a rock and the eggs all look fertilized. Help! I only have my ten with guppy fry to put them in. It has gravel. I can push over most of the gravel and remove a ton of fry if I need to. Crash course please!

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Did some research and this should get you started:
Guide to Breeding GBR's and Bolivians...
German Blue Ram

You don't usually need to take them out and their parents will raise them However this can be iffy. Below is what to do if you decide to take them out because they are being eaten or the like.

I would recommend a seeded sponge filter, infusoria, and baby brine shrimp if you decide to take them out. The guppy tank would be okay if you can put the guppies somewhere else or if you could go out and grab a ten gallon and seed the filter with your current gbr's media. Make sure to do a lot of waterchanges and it is easiest to take care of the fry in a barebottom. If you cant move the guppies, lots and lots of floating plants and small areas for them to hide in until they get a bit bigger. You can do the same in their current tank. Oh and make sure you remove eggs that are taken by fungus to prevent it happening to the other eggs.

BBS aren't available and I'm not allowed any more tanks. They are currently in a community tank. I don't have very many plants to use as the community plants are all high light.

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

You could grab some anacharis and chuck it once they are grown. Know how you feel about the tank limit haha

As of now your best option seems to let your gbr try to raise them. The fact they spawned so quickly leaves me to think they will spawn a lot more in the future and if they eat all their fry, they have multiple spawns to get the hang of this parenting thing.

Back
Top Bottom