Glofish (zebra danio) breed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rolance

Aquarium Advice Freak
What are the conditions needed to breed glofish? And what do they do to show they are mating?

What are the conditions needed to breed glofish? And what do they do to show they are mating?

Same thing as normal zebra danio. But if you mix 2 colors they come out normal. They don't really mate. The female will spray eggs EVERYWHERE and the males will fertilize. I reccomend using marbles as your substrates. But, with your stocking levels and tank size, they will not breed.

Im pretty sure they did breed. I dug around the gravel to plant that anubia and after everything was settled i noticed this.

"I just put my first two plants in my tank. A java fern and an anubia. Well I was examining the new look and noticed an extremely small creature (bout the size of a gnat) was latched to the back wall. It looked like a baby fish or sumthin, it had two black eyes on the front. so I tried to get it out but it was too small for the net. I tried using my hands but it would dart around the middle and top of tank then back to wall. While I was trying to get it out one of my glofish swooped in and ate it so unfortunately no picture. Could it have been fry or something off of those plants? I bought the plants in a plastic tube with the gel stuff at petco. Coincidence?"

It was transparent with two little black eyes towards the top. Think it was a glofish fry that i must have made come out when i stirred the rocks?

Back
Top Bottom