help breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't you have to remove the female after breeding

Yes. You remove the female after breeding and then remove the male three days after the eggs hatch

depends if you have another tank or not. lets say you dont want to keep the babies and you only have one tank. i would get these breeder boxes that hang on the side of the tank. you can put the fry in that once they become free-swimming. if you have more than one tank i would move the parents not the fry. the fry are more fragile and cant handle water chemistry changes very well that early on. not mentioning the stress they will go through if you move them to another tank.

unfortunately i lost my kribensis fry today. i messed up. i left the fry in the tank too long and i had 2 females in with the male.:banghead: the male left the female with babies and joined the other female. while i was out of the house the fry were eaten. i dont really know who ate the fry. it could have been the male taking out competition since he left them or the female he hadnt previously bred with doing the same thing. it also could be the mother did it out of stress. but it seems everyone has already forgotten about them. :( both of the females are back to competing with for the male. i shouldnt have left 2 females in with the male since it was a new pair. now i will leave the 2 females in with the male until he breeds with one of them and then i will remove the female he doesnt breed with. then i will remove the fry at the appropriate time.

Back
Top Bottom