Help mystery eggs!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Awesomefazekas

Aquarium Advice Regular
While cleaning my tank I have noticed eggs on almost everything so I put all of the egg covered decor in a "holding tank" ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403102245.198082.jpg also I have heard that fish protect their eggs so I want to know which fish to put with eggs. Also I would like help discovering which fish they belong too... I have algae eaters, platys, a 3 spot gourami, 2 panda Cory, 1 albino Cory, 1 peppered Cory, and 1 emerald Cory I have a snail too but idk if they lay eggs. The eggs are surrounded in a saliva like substance and they are white ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403102567.268761.jpg anything would be appreciated

Oh and when will they hatch. I have just noticed them today and do not know when they were layed

What kind of snail do you have?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok well it's definitely not apple snail eggs, the first thing i thought was snail. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

I wonder if it's cory eggs? When mine laid eggs it looked just like that and they had spread them everywhere.

Mine where albinos. Here's a picture of the eggs they laid on my snails and see if it matches 1403111212122.jpg

Based on your picture and the eggs being in a jelly like substance, they are snail eggs and you do not have common Apple snail apparently if you only have the one snail. ;)
Maybe with a picture, someone can correctly identify the snail for you. Apple snails lay a dry mass of eggs out of the water which is why the doubt you have an apple. Cory cats will scatter eggs everywhere but NOT in a jelly. Same with the Zebra danios. Gouramis lay floating eggs in a bubble nest (except for kissers) so this almost makes them snail eggs by default. :confused: Keep your eyes open for baby snails on the tank walls. That will really solve the mystery :)

Hope this helps (y)

My first thought was ramshorn snails i have loads lol

That's definitely a apple snail but the eggs don't belong to it, apple's are a pink sac laid above the water line.

Jip they look like cory eggs to me too, however I have never seen them so close to each other. But you say most of the stuff you took out have eggs on them... Cory's like to scatter eggs. I really looks and sounds like it.

Please keep us up to date, happy days!!!

It may be my eyes but when I blew up the pic and used a magnifying glass, those eggs look more elongated/ oblong than round which would make them NOT Cory eggs. Plus, the jelly like substance is the key. Are you sure you don;t have another snail in the tank that you don;t know about? lol Was that decoration or those decorations in another tank with other snails? I agree that the snail in the pic is an apple but those are not typical apple snail eggs. As Shelly said, I only know apples to have eggs above the water line and they are not in a jelly substance.
This is a stumper... :blink::confused::confused:

I searched the tank and I found an extremely small, 8th of an inch snail but in my acclimation tank there is a flower pit and there has never been a snail there so idk how there are eggs on it so I'm worried they could be parasites but idk

I searched the tank and I found an extremely small, 8th of an inch snail but in my acclimation tank there is a flower pit and there has never been a snail there so idk how there are eggs on it so I'm worried they could be parasites but idk

If I remember my parsitology correctly, the jelly would make them not parasites. I'm sticking with those are snail eggs. :brows::whistle: Please let me know if I'm right. :D

Back
Top Bottom