Help wot should I do ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mousefue

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi I have

Sydondotis hybrid pardalis

And one is pregnant and need some help wot do I do and how do I breed for next time
2 female
2 male

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429041518.086522.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ok tks u xx

I saw your other thread about this, and I meant to respond. Technically, synodontis don't get pregnant: they carry eggs, and I don't think they generally look pregnant when they are carrying eggs. Once the eggs are released, they would need to be fertilized by a male to be viable.

Ok amazing this is the one we think is carrying eggs
There r 2 male to female in there so just let nature take its course x

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429118032.551289.jpg

Not sure if you can tell by looking at them if they are carrying eggs. Even so, as Mike noted above, breeding in captivity is not that easy. Fish often lay eggs that do not get fertilized, get eaten, or otherwise don't survive to hatch. And some have very specific breeding habits/needs. For example, synondontis multipunctatus trick mouthbrooding cichlids into caring for their babies (they are know as "cuckoo catfish" for this reason). I don't know about your particular type of synodontis, except that google suggests they do not tend to breed in captivity.

Ok thank u guys x

Back
Top Bottom