Holding kenyi.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garrettkei

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Finally have a holding Kenyi. I Was doing a big water change and rock rearrange turning the heater off half the day and that did it for her. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399926628.007391.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399926651.215842.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399926681.425882.jpg

Nice kenyi! Can't wait to see pics of the fry! Congrats!

She was in the community tank the whole duration of holding. I let her go 20 days and then caught her tonight and made her spit. I have the 30fry in a tank of their own and momma is in a 10gallon recovery. I hope i am going about it right. These are my first babies! ?

So small but nice looking little guys. They have their bars already! I blended up some good cichlid pellets for fry food. Any more pointers?

Thanks for sharing And congrats!! They look very healthy!! Nice job on your first batch! Sounds to me like everything was done right! ;) my kenyi just spit two weeks ago but it was her smallest batch yet. Only had nine babies and she spit really early. About 16 days into it. I left her in with them and she would suck them up when I came into the room, and spit them out about five minutes later. I took her out a few days later, I didn't want her eating them. Everyone is doing just fine! :) love your pics by the way!

Once kenyi start breeding, they don't seem to stop. What do you plan to do with the fry? :)

I have a LFS that will give me store credit for them if I can get them to survive long enough to be 1". We shall see. I have 4 running tanks and might keep them to watch them grow. ?

My LFS will do the same! However, I have not been able to take advantage of that yet. Lets just say I have a lot of Kenyi in my main tank haha

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401603363.714326.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401603374.719972.jpg
Happy to say babies are eating and starting to venture up (swim) and skinny momma is starting to get her appetite back! This is very exciting to watch.

Back
Top Bottom