How long before platy babies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishy_friend

Aquarium Advice Regular
so in the past I have been very unfortunate with platy babies. I have an orange female ,very pregnant, and a new blue/grey female, also very pregnant. My male is always chasing them so its hard to get a good picture. My orange female has been pregnant for about 5 weeks, which is worrying me as I have read about someone whos platys had 80+ babies and was pregnant for 3 months; that platy died. I have only had my new female for a week and a half so I don't know how long she has been preggy for. Can someone give me an estimate of how long before I can expect babies, also they are both eating but are not swimming around as actively as normal and are going to the corners of the tank.

this is the new mickey mouse blue/grey female
IMG_2746.jpg
IMG_2770.jpg

this is the orange female, she is staying behind a plant which is unusual for her, she is bigger around the belly than the grey female but the photo doesn't show it.
IMG_2774.jpg

unlike the platies who don't like getting their photo taken, one of my angels is likes to be in the spot light
IMG_2787.JPG

orange female had hers the night after I posted this, but she had them in the main tank so I think they have been eaten as I haven't seen them. the grey female is still hanging onto hers, hopefully I will be ready this time.

Back
Top Bottom