How to Breed Peppered Cories?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
How do I go about breeding peppered cories?
I'd like to try my hand at it. The cories would be in a ten gallon for two months or so until I can set up my incoming 90( not ready for a reef yet). The ninety will be a heavily planted tank with driftwood and the following occupants for sure-
6 guppies
2 dwarf gourami ( no the gourami are not in the ten ATM)
What do I need to breed them? How many cories do I need? Do I need to raise eggs separately? How do i sex the cories? I thinl i have one female already but Im not sure. Etc. I've never tried breeding an egg layer before.

Sexing corries can be tricky, but the males are usually smaller, and their dorsal fin more pointed. They breed in groups, so you better have room for at least six of them. They are egg scaterers (from what I've read about them) so chances are that you won't have to raise the eggs seperately, because it will be impossible for the other fish to eat them ALL. For good mesure, I would still seperate any babies that you may find that have hatched.

Good luck, and don't hold me to any of my advice too strongly. I have never tried breeding corries, only mollies, platies, and swordtails.

You may want to try visiting www.planetcatfish.com

Back
Top Bottom