How to tell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ljleitheiser

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hey all, my cory's just laid eggs, and im not sure if they are fertilized. they have been their for about 2 days now, and they are white. Is it possible for cory's to spawn with out a male. and if so is it possible that the male is infertile?? any helps is great. thanks!

Welcome to AA. While I don't have experience with cories, I would say that typically white eggs are unfertilized.

Minimum you’ll need two males and a female. They breed best in larger groups. One trio laying eggs tends to trigger the others. Give them a large shallow tank. Add two trays of ice cubes (simulates rainfall) and watch them breed in the morning. They lay eggs on the glass or your filter stems. Remove the parents or the eggs. Use a single-edged razor blade to (carefully) slice off the eggs after they harden and put them in a half-filled pre-prepared tank. Newborn catlets make very tasty snacks. FERTALIZED CORY EGGS ARE WHITE UNLIKE MOST FISH!!!!

aqua_man, nice copy and paste job!! :) LOL jk!! Read the same site you must have saw.

The only thing I thought I would add is that the eggs turn from white to brown.. then to black before they hatch from what I've heard. White generally means unfertilized.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom