I Have Fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Certainly looks like spawning behavior, tho it is rather soon - looks like you might have a fish room to build... pronto!

Lol - I waish maybe once i finish school then college then uni lol .... Maybe my own store :lol:

Ok, Now some bad news. Is it normal for you to loose MOST :x 8O of the fry from the first batch ? I dont know what i have done wrong but there isnt hardly any compared to what the origionally was. Or are they hideing (*crosses fingures*) :?:
What Have I done wrong ?

I warned you about the difficulties of breeding puffers--finding the right foods for them. :( Getting them to spawn isn't the problem.

I know. However they were hideing as there are still about 50 + 8) :lol: :lol:

Steven! this is pretty cool! just found this thread out.
Keep sending pictures, as they grow, this is very interesting!
Kudos for you! :)

I nearly forgot i am earning my first amount of monety from my fry this week Bristlenose catfish and Kribensis. I am selling these so i can move my baby puffer's in the nursery tank as it hink the uffers are trying to breed again. How Can I get the baby puffers to grow up fast in this week i.e. what food etc ....

Safe to say that alot of fry has been lost for what ever reason. Next time i willl be prepared. 8) I think the adult puffer's have eaten alot of fry as they are getting ready to breed again. There are about 20 / 50 (ish) left lol :eek: 8O . However this was expected. I will have a spare 2 foot tank for the next time they bread and i will hopefully have a family of brineshrimp lol 8)

Thanx for the help every one ... i'll keep use all posted

Pufferpack has written an entire documentary on his breeding of this particular species. He has had fairly good sucess with raising fry, I believe. I already mentioned adding Liquifry, as soon as the eggs are laid--this grows insofuria, which the fry can eat.

ok.... could you send me link for pufferpacks / breeding page or whatever lol ... i have about 5 fry left ... i am bumed in some ways as there dead however i am now looking at it as next time i will be ready lol 8) Everything will be ready and even a spare tank for the fry :D So please send me the link :D

I will PM you his email address, as the thread is kind of in different posts, so your best bet is to contact him by email. Tell him I sent you.

Back
Top Bottom