I Have Fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steven A

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, Woke up this morning; which is the 7th day since the egss were layed by the Sea Frog Puffers. There are still some eggs unhatched wich the male is still fanning, but most of the eggs have hatched and the fry are all over the tank. One Problem there are also 5 lemon tetras in there, i saw a lemon tetra go for one of the fry but he just left it lol (which i didnt expect). The fry are swimming near the female as well and she hasnt gone for them yet. S I have just fed them bloodworm so the adult fish wont want to eat the baby fish :D I havnt fed the fry today because I believe they still have there yolk sacs.
So I want to know the quickest way to get them to grow so i can move them into my nursery tank 8)

:multi: I Am So Happy :multi:

So in conclusion the fry are all over the ank, the male isnt looking after them because he is still looking after some eggs. The tankmates havnt attacked the fry yet.
And when can i start to feed the fry.
I'll try to get a pictures for every one to see.

congratulations! It's always exciting to have your tank dwellers breed.

Keep everyone well fed and the fry should do ok. Only question left is what are you going to do with them all once they are grown. Ever hear the term "breed like rabbits" :}

best of luck,
Asaint

Very cool! I hope you can raise them! I'm sure you'll be able to sell them to lfs' in your neighbourhood. Ooh, I see that your in England, can you send some over to me? Belgium is not that far away :D
:wink:

Sweet! (y)

Not to go off topic but...Billsgate...shame on you for using geographical proximity to justify having Steve to send you fry. It would be just as easy to send me some since England is just a couple of days from Newfoundland and one day from from NY...oops...aren't I doing the same thing? :wink:

Congrats! :D If you read the insrtuctions on the Liquifry bottle, it says to start adding their product as soon as you see eggs. This aids in the growth of insofuria, wich is food for the fry. What foods are you preparing? I'd start hatching baby brine shrimp too. Have you spoken to Pufferpack?

I havnt spoken to pufferpack and how do i go about growing / hatching brine shrimp :? I have allways wanted to do it. And nearly all the eggs have hatched and there is fry every wear mainly on rocks etc .. they just look like black dots. I am so happy and + the male and female havnt eaten any 8)

Most LFS will sell a BBS hatching kit, which is basically a black box with a clear bottle on the top, with the eggs included and full instructions. Keep them warm under an incandescent light and they'll hatch in a day or so. This is usually a pretty cheap kit.

It is so exciting to see fry, and best of luck with these babies! :D

I counted 50 then started to get confused lol :lol: ATM they are just black dots.

Pretty impossible to count them, unless they get in single file & stand at attention, like good children! :lol:

Well after coming hoemfrom school and so i have been told by my brother and father the puffer's have "puffed up" at each other today and also dug the hole a bit bigger. The female is still really fat after laying the eggs. What my family described to me sounded like what they were doing before laying eggs. Would they lay eggs again like really soon. And will they still look after the fry ?

Breeding like rabbits, huh? Well what else do you think they have to do all day? Wouldn't you?

Rght well woke up this morning and; male and female arein there hole turning around each other (i assume getting ready to lay more eggs) and yet there are still over 270 black dots" swimming around the tank. Mainly tohether on the sides of glass etc ..... So 8) I will try to get some more pics.

Back
Top Bottom