i need help! respond please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bettamax said:
do they have alot of fry

A TON. Lol it starts off with each female having ten or so, but the more they get knocked up, the higher the numbers, so you could wind up with up to 50 fry in a batch! I'd quit trying to raise them if I were you lol... Let survivors survive and rehome them, and let the others become snacks. It's too hard to sell them these days.

can platy fry go with glofish fry or will platy fry eat glofish fry because glofish fry are at least 10x smaller then platty fry

A TON. Lol it starts off with each female having ten or so, but the more they get knocked up, the higher the numbers, so you could wind up with up to 50 fry in a batch! I'd quit trying to raise them if I were you lol... Let survivors survive and rehome them, and let the others become snacks. It's too hard to sell them these days.

will my platy have more fry and yes i do have a male or did the pet store breed them, them selves and it's really hard to do

Last edited by a moderator:
bettamax said:
will my platy have more fry and yes i do have a male or did the pet store breed them, them selves and it's really hard to do

They'll breed just fine on their own. And yes... The platy will have fry until she dies, as long as there's another male... And that's a batch a month.

that sounds like alot of fry from my platy and my guppies and my glofish all having fry my tank all the fish in there must be very much in love lol, i must be doing something right

or is it all these fish just like to breed like bunnies

Last edited by a moderator:
bettamax said:
that sounds like alot of fry from my platy and my guppies and my glofish all having fry my tank all the fish in there must be very much in love lol, i must be doing something right

Yeah... But can I ask, how big is this tank again, and what exactly is it's stocking? Also, when you list stocking, please specify how many males and females are in each species... We may need to tweak some things to keep the females from getting too stressed.

bettamax said:

or is it all these fish just like to breed like bunnies

All but the glofish breed like rabbits, and I think platys and guppies interbreed... So that could lead to some interesting results as well.

i have 1 rasbora
5 tetra
2 guppies male and female
2 glo fish male and female
1 green cory catfish
3 pleco
snails not sure how many
2 platy male and female
25 gallontank
and platy fry i have 7 in a breeder box but others are hiding in places i can't reach so i don't know how many there are

bettamax said:
i have 1 rasbora
5 tetra
2 guppies male and female
2 glo fish male and female
1 green cory catfish
3 pleco
snails not sure how many
2 platy male and female
25 gallontank
and platy fry i have 7 in a breeder box but others are hiding in places i can't reach so i don't know how many there are

Ya... You're WAY overstocked. What type of pleco? You'll need to tweak a lot of things in order to make it a safe, and stressless breeding habitat for your fish. By the end of this, you'll need this to maintain healthy fish:
6 glofish (genders don't matter)
4 platys (one male, 3 female)
4 guppies (one male, 3 female)
1 pleco (none if it's a common pleco)
And that's IT. I hate to be harsh, but that tank is not rationed out right. With out the right numbers of livebearers, you'll wind up with unhealthy fry and females, and you're in no position to add fish with that stock.

Homedog98 said:
Ya... You're WAY overstocked. What type of pleco? You'll need to tweak a lot of things in order to make it a safe, and stressless breeding habitat for your fish. By the end of this, you'll need this to maintain healthy fish:
6 glofish (genders don't matter)
4 platys (one male, 3 female)
4 guppies (one male, 3 female)
1 pleco (none if it's a common pleco)
And that's IT. I hate to be harsh, but that tank is not rationed out right. With out the right numbers of livebearers, you'll wind up with unhealthy fry and females, and you're in no position to add fish with that stock.

+1 great numbers even if everything looks fine sometimes stress can be hard to spot and unless you have moe females then males your male will hunt her to exhaustion and possibly death

jetajockey said:
I don't think the ideal stocking numbers/ratios are that rigidly exact, but yeah, it should be a little more organized. And no, platys and guppies cannot interbreed.

Hmm, maybe it was platys and mollies then. I know it's one of the three. Thanks for catching me there!

jetajockey said:
I don't think the ideal stocking numbers/ratios are that rigidly exact, but yeah, it should be a little more organized. And no, platys and guppies cannot interbreed.

I think it's pretty darn close you want 3 to 1 with livebearers and as for over stocking slot of the rules are flawed I go strictly by if the species get along , swimming room, and water Parameters IMO

can't i just let the fry i do have grow up and hope they will fix the platy problem and eventualy the guppies will have fry and the fry can fix it if they happen to be born with that gender patern

bettamax said:
can't i just let the fry i do have grow up and hope they will fix the platy problem and eventualy the guppies will have fry and the fry can fix it if they happen to be born with that gender patern

It still won't fix the stocking problem. You need to deal with the other fish in the tank first. That problem won't go away on it's own.

Back
Top Bottom