Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-20-2012, 10:39 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Molly Babies!!!

So excited!! found some Molly babies in my 90 gallon tank! I have been looking and looking for days now. I really thought she would have a batch around the 10th or so, but never found any. tonight we found 3 little survivors! but they don't look like newborns... maybe they are 10 days old?? any guesses?

Old 03-20-2012, 10:42 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Here is a pic ... Zoomed in of course

Old 03-20-2012, 11:56 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to ocminpin Send a message via Yahoo to ocminpin Send a message via Skype™ to ocminpin
Are they black mollies? I haven't had those yet.. But wow they look so big!
Old 03-20-2012, 11:59 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocminpin View Post
Are they black mollies? I haven't had those yet.. But wow they look so big!
I'll say!! There is NO WAY those fish are only 10 days old. Are those 2-3 big black mollies the ones you were talking about Heather??

Who say's that you can't have more than one tank? Just get one more... just one...
phoenixkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

yep - these are my new additions.

so here is my story. I don't really know how long they have been in there - I honestly have been looking for them but they must be harder to find in the big tank

got my molly when she was already pregnant.
she had her first batch of fry jan 5
then had another much smaller batch close to Feb 9
moved her from the 20 gallon to the 90 gallon on feb 16 and introduced her to her new mate - Pongo, my dalmation molly.
so I was expecting another batch around march 10 or so. figured either she was already pregnant or her and Pongo did the deed and she would have a batch with him. I have been looking and last night was the first night we saw anything. just 3 babies but not really that small. so there is no way they could have been born before Feb 16. that means they have to be under 4 weeks...

what do you think?
Old 03-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to ocminpin Send a message via Yahoo to ocminpin Send a message via Skype™ to ocminpin
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherW
yep - these are my new additions.

so here is my story. I don't really know how long they have been in there - I honestly have been looking for them but they must be harder to find in the big tank

got my molly when she was already pregnant.
she had her first batch of fry jan 5
then had another much smaller batch close to Feb 9
moved her from the 20 gallon to the 90 gallon on feb 16 and introduced her to her new mate - Pongo, my dalmation molly.
so I was expecting another batch around march 10 or so. figured either she was already pregnant or her and Pongo did the deed and she would have a batch with him. I have been looking and last night was the first night we saw anything. just 3 babies but not really that small. so there is no way they could have been born before Feb 16. that means they have to be under 4 weeks...

what do you think?
Any other mollies in the last 3 months in the 90g?
Old 03-21-2012, 12:58 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Here are some pics not zoomed in. Hopefully this gives a little reference and I included a pic with my little harlequin rasbora for a size reference
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-547000720.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	83885  
Old 03-21-2012, 01:16 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocminpin View Post
Any other mollies in the last 3 months in the 90g?
nope these are the only two. everyone is new in the tank as of 16 Feb
Old 03-21-2012, 06:39 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

Those are very well formed to be a month old! She must have had them as soon as you put her in that tank! The thing about mollies is that they eat their babies so they have to fight to live if they are in the tank. If you see that she is pregnant again, and want to save em, take measures before she gives birth! I had baby mollies a few times, they were so much fun!
Old 03-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candi1990 View Post
Those are very well formed to be a month old! She must have had them as soon as you put her in that tank! The thing about mollies is that they eat their babies so they have to fight to live if they are in the tank. If you see that she is pregnant again, and want to save em, take measures before she gives birth! I had baby mollies a few times, they were so much fun!
Yep, but livebearer breeding can get out of hand...

Who say's that you can't have more than one tank? Just get one more... just one...
phoenixkiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
babies, molly

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com