My convict wigglers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TigerBarbs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I only got 17 wigglers in my fry tank. They only laid about 50 eggs. Its their first batch and mine too. I took them out right when i saw them moving. Was this the right move? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

They are not alone... They are with 5 tiger barbs and a 6 inch senegal bichir

No, you can remove them as soon as they wiggle. Just be gentle and make sure you're using the water from the main tank.

I use a piece of airline tube and siphon them into a new tank that already partially filled with main tank water. I use a "pillow" of java moss to help cushion them going into the new tank.

My fry tanks usually consist of a sponge filter or small HOB (with a piece of pantyhose rubber banded around the intake) and a java moss bottom. Makes it much easier to clean.

Ok thanks! My eggs were unexpected so i grabbed a 5.5 and filled it up and got a tetra whisper 3i filter(i could probably use another one) and took some sand to cover the bottom just a little from my 4 month old 29 gallon for some bacteria. The fry wont get tangled in the moss?

I have a free swimmer now!!!!! Im down to about 6 or 8 fry though because of fungus. Sooo happy though!!! Ill add anti fungus stuff next time

My fry didnt turn out so good more died but im gonna leave them in there next time... Any advice for me?

Just doing a water change and after i looked at the convicts and she was laying more eggs!!!!!!! Im watching her lay them right now!!! Yayyyy

Back
Top Bottom