My DISCUS finally laid eggs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trotty

Aquarium Advice Freak
It's the 3rd day now and somehow two of my larger discus in my 240gal have succesfully laid and and now have wrigglers.
They laid early saturday night and this afternoon when i got home from work they were moving.
I couldnt really do anything to help the situation as i had just cleaned out a 55 gal to put one of the pairs of discus into it, but they had to beat me to it!

So now i will have to wait and see what happens. If the babies dissapear ill take the pair and give them their own home. I dont really want to move the babies or scare the parents at this point.

PS AA wont let me put any more pics on ive reached my limit. And dont know how to get more on.... I've deleted other post pics but still not working.

Congrats! As for the pics, try an image hosting website. Photobucket.com is my personal fave. Sign up for free and upload away!

Congrats on the wigglers trotty. You've got a great pair if they haven't eaten the eggs or wigglers. I'd definitely give them their own bare tank. A sponge filter, heater and something to spawn on is all I use in my discus tanks.

Great job Trotty! Your fish are obviously very happy. I would also like to see pics- I use photobucket too and it's easy.

Thanks for the site i will have photos soon, as for the wrigglers they dissapeard on thurs night...

P.S. AA is a great site that i will always have time for. I've learnt alot and always amazed. Full credit on a great site :D

Are you planning on setting up a tank to spawn this pair?

definately.. I have a 2ft cube thats just been set up. The breeders just started cleaning off another leaf in the 8ft. ill have to act fast.

That's great trotty. I've found that sometimes one discus (usually the male), is the better parent. Give them a few tries in their own tank and if the eggs or fry are still being eaten remove the female after they've spawned.

Back
Top Bottom