My marbel angle fish laid eggs! Neat.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, bummer. I looked this morning and all of the eggs are gone. They must have eaten them. :nono:
they might not have,i thought my jewels had eaten there eggs,but really the fry had hatched and the had moved them to a cave i couldnt see into(pretty good for first timers,the fry are swimmin around as i type). either way,congrats and if they were eaten better luck next time

They are at it again, this time I caught them on video. Picked up a 29g, heater and some sand. Going to move the Penguin HOB filter over to this new tank to instant cycle it. Make it a breeding tank. Have to build a stand for it real quick.

The Video

I could use advise. Lol. My guy just doesn't have his part down yet. Lots of white eggs then nothing. :(

There's not a whole lot you can do about that. If it is truly a male then just try to watch him and see if he gets any better at it. As the female is laying he should be going right behind her fertilizing them. It's possible he could just be bad at it (and may get better), infertile, distracted from chasing off tankmates, or 'he' is a 'she'.

If he doesn't get it right you might consider putting another male in there and removing him.

That's great z! I hope they get it right this time! lol It's cute to watch them guard the little eggs. They must be very happy!

It is awesome that you got that on video! Hopefully one is boy. I have a pair and I got to see them spawn once so far (they seriously like to do it when I am occupied doing something else), but I was not lucky enough to video it.

How did the move go? I've tried that with my rams before and they totally forgot that they were parenting after I moved them.

So far so good. They had a hard time figuring out where the eggs were at first but now they seem to be doing okay. They aren't as actively on top of the eggs but that seems okay given that there are no other fish in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom