Possible angelfish breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YunoGasai212121

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 3 fish in a 29G tank (the tank is about a week old). Fish 1 (female) fish 2 (unknown/most likely male) fish 3 (male). I’m not sure if how they are acting is mating. Fish 2 and fish 3 fight a **** ton and act like the want to kill each other. Fish 1 and 2 sometimes fight but it’s not as bad. Fish 2 does this thing where he swims really fast at fish 1 and than like stops and barely touches her. Fish 1 and 2 also do this thing where they like peck at each other’s chests not super aggressively. Fish 1 and 2 are usually near each other while the other fish is usually separated or chased behind the filter. Also I saw fish 2 and 3 lip lock so I’m not sure if maybe they were fighting over the girl.
Pictures:
Possible mates fish 2, fish 1
IMG_1462.jpg
Fish 2 on the left fish 1 on the right. Right before they peck each other’s chest
IMG_1463.jpg
Can someone please check their genders if they can because ik it’s hard to know
Fish 1
IMG_1468.JPGIMG_1469.JPG
Fish 2
View attachment 88186
Fish 3
View attachment 88187

Tank info
Tank size: 29G
Filter: tetra whisper 30
Tank temp: 79F
Fish symptoms: possibly mating
Water changes: 50% per week
Chemical additives: 3 angelfish
Plants: plastic
No chemicals added

Pretty angels! I think the two in the first picture are male and female

When she is ready to spawn her vent will drop. It will look like a symmetrical tube. If the first two are male and female then that is what the bickering is about

Back
Top Bottom