rainbow neon FRYS!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nycfatcow

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have 5 neon rainbows in my tank...4 female and one male.... and they have successfully bred....

i see about 10 frys swimming on the surface... THEY ARE TINY....

i need you guys to help me... do i need to separate them?

what do i feed them?

They are the only species of fish in the tank

Congrats, unfortunately I don't know for sure if rainbows will eat their fry. I don't think so though. You can feed liquid fry food, that is what I feed my fry until they are large enough to eat very finely crushed flakes.

liquid fry food? where do i get that? at any lfs? anyone else got any input?

I usually use Hikari First Food, from mu LFS, for feeding fry, but never had to deal with ones quite so small. I understand you can try egg yolk - tie a small piece in a piece of cloth, with one end of the yolk piece exposed and suspend the cloth in the water. This has the advantage of not sinking to the bottom like some liquid food. Only problem I see is with the adults competing with the fry for food.

Also, I understand that the fry are very sensitive to bright light and should be in a low light environment for a week or so. Keep the water clean, and good luck!

hmmm... i gotta go to my lfs and see waht they have available....they are extremely tiny... like the size of this dot . with a tail lol... so taking a picture is impossible.....its impossible for them to eat crushed up dry food right now right?

They may try to eat crushed flake food but it would be difficult. You can also boil some egg, take a bit of the yolk and swish it around near the fry and they can eat that. Be careful not to use too much egg yolk

Back
Top Bottom