Ram breeding question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have had a hard time getting a response on here lately, so I'll give you my opinion (but I'm no expert)....if you put them in that small a tank, you have to be sure the nitrates never climb over 10 (difficult in so small a space), you have to provide some hiding spot for the female, because the male WILL harass her, and

Sorry, stupid phone, and...watch her. I almost lost one of my females because I sectioned them off (trying to keep other fish from eating the eggs), and the male bullied the female almost to the point of death. One idea....if they lay eggs, either the remove both adults, and hatch the eggs yourself, or remove the female. A male can hatch the eggs, and is less likely to eat them IMIO

It'd be better to have something long as opposed to high for breeding purposes. A ten gallon and up is a good choice

sorry dont do gallons im from U.K we do litres and size of tank eg 2ft or 3ft so on . 10 gallon must be around the size of a 24x12x12 ??

That's the minimum size I'd reccomend without and extreme water change schedule and a few dead breeding pairs of rams to get it right. Actually Id try for 15

Back
Top Bottom