Rosy Barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish wrangler

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi I have three rosy barbs in my 29 gallon tank. Two of them are brightly colored and one is tan. The two bright ones are males and the tan one is a female right? Have noticed that the tan barb is really big around the belly area compared to the other two. Is she pregnant? Thanks. If it helps I can get some pictures of them is they stay still long enough.

Yep female and might be pregnant. I suggest buying more females soon to keep aggression low

OK thanks. My fear with buying more barbs is that they will attack my lonely yellow lab cichlid(his/her buddies died :( ). I got three cichlids in march and this is the only one left, they are between 1.50-2.00 inches. The barbs are all in the 2.50 inch area so should I buy barbs that are already that size or go within ones that are smaller?

OK thanks. My fear with buying more barbs is that they will attack my lonely yellow lab cichlid(his/her buddies died :( ). I got three cichlids in march and this is the only one left, they are between 1.50-2.00 inches. The barbs are all in the 2.50 inch area so should I buy barbs that are already that size or go within ones that are smaller?

That size would be best

OK thanks. I should be able to get to the pet store this weekend and pick up 3 or 4 female rosy barbs. My stock including the new barbs would be- 1 yellow lab cichlid, 1 plecostomus, and 6-7 rosy barbs( 2 males 4-5 females). This should be fine for my 29 gal correct?

OK thanks. I should be able to get to the pet store this weekend and pick up 3 or 4 female rosy barbs. My stock including the new barbs would be- 1 yellow lab cichlid, 1 plecostomus, and 6-7 rosy barbs( 2 males 4-5 females). This should be fine for my 29 gal correct?

Sure, just keep up on water changes and have a good filter

One more question. If I am able to get eggs what do I do with them? I don't want to buy a new tank, but is that the best option?

Back
Top Bottom