Sexing angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JasonD

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Could anyone tell me if I have two females of a pair, the marble angel has laid eggs but beer all eaten, the black angelfish I'm not sure about.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426177071.459960.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426177093.597827.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426177121.797373.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thanks, I'll get better photos when I get home from work

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

if anyone can andy can, look up his thread wigglers 2: fry at last, it will prove it but yes get better photos

Thanks for the nod :flowers: but just to set the record straight;), my thread is titled " Wigglers 2 : birth of a hatchery" . The other thread , which I highly recommend anyone wanting to breed Angelfish should read in it's entirety, is titled "Wigglers at last!!!" Pretty much everything you need to know about breeding Angels was discussed on that thread. (y)

To the OP, be aware that there are no guarantees in sexing Angels anymore, short of actually watching them spawn. ( The one laying the eggs is the female. ;):lol: ) Many of today's fish show opposite gender characteristics so even my assessment will be a guess ( granted, it comes from over 45 years of breeding these fish. ;) ). A close up profile of the fish will give me the best chances of sexing the fish for you. (y)

sorry mixed up the titles, but yea the bigest head bump ive ever seen was on a female

Back
Top Bottom