she had them

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miiah is da bomb

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
iggy(silver) and mables(black) fry introduced into the world on January 30-31, 2009. they had about 20 healthy babies. they are soooo adorable. it was a total shock at around 11:00 am when i went to go check on my fish. i pulled up the top and in the breeding net i saw little things swimming. at first i didn't know what they were and then it hit me;I HAD BABY FISHIES!!!! i called everyone to my room where they are located and just about gave everyone a heart attack. i was running around the house like a maniac. these are my first batch of fry. i almost gave up on her last night but i put her back in the net. i am soooo glad i did that. WHOO-HOO I HAVE BABIES!!!! here are some pics of the new babies. sorry for the bad quality :(

Attachments

• 01-31-09_115.jpg
    01-31-09_115.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Ar2.jpg
    Ar2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Ar1#2.jpg
    Ar1#2.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 51
pics look OK to me. At least they give an idea of how big the fry are (seem pretty big to me, after only 2 days).

they just eat crushed food that the parents eat.

here's an update:
they are getting bigger. they no that when i come in the room they will get food. so all of them will swim up to the surface and wait until i put food in and then they gobble it all up. there are still 18 babies. they are sooo active they zip around the breeder net darting in between the plants. they are soooo cute!!!! oh yeah and if anyone knows anyone that would like a new molly in phx, az just let me know. i already have homes for about 6 of them and i think i am gonna keep at least one or two. i will soon have some more mollies from my other female. yay :) soon im gonna be overloaded with fry!!!

well the ones from my 1st batch of mollies that i fed crished flakes grew to about 1/2" in 2-3 weeks and have slowed down i only have 1 left from the 1st batch and he is now only 3/4" or so.

Back
Top Bottom