Silver Lyretail Molly Laboring...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
My Silver Lyretail Molly Charger is laboring... she is hanging around the heater top fin down, fully squared... sitting in the water fairly still with the occasional flutter and momentary shimmy. My Dalmatian did it yesterday afternoon and I missed the birth... Last month with this girl i missed it too. I woke up to a thin fish... I'm DETERMINED!! :)
The other fish are staying close by nudging her and even snatching up her poop as she released it.. Gross!! They know what's going on... they're hoping for another midnight snack!
Pray quick guys! I'm hoping I catch her giving birth and am able to take them from the tank and put in newborn fry tank as they're born...
:blink:

SHE HAD THEM THIS MORNING!!! I missed the birth but noticed within a couple hours and was able to save 15! They are very strong swimmers... Lean ones with skinny tails.. some iridescent, white, black, orange...
I'm guessing the skinny ones are going to be lyretail? Just sooo happy.. missed birth completely last month and babies were gone. What a happy morning!

Neat! Glad you managed to save some of the babies. 15 of them oughta keep you busy for a while. :)

SHE HAD THEM THIS MORNING!!! I missed the birth but noticed within a couple hours and was able to save 15! They are very strong swimmers... Lean ones with skinny tails.. some iridescent, white, black, orange...
I'm guessing the skinny ones are going to be lyretail? Just sooo happy.. missed birth completely last month and babies were gone. What a happy morning!

Congrats! Do you have pictures?

Congrats! My lyre-tail females never have made lyre-tail babies. It would be be cool if you got some! Glad you saved some fry. Get pictures when you can. :)

Neat! Glad you managed to save some of the babies. 15 of them oughta keep you busy for a while. :)

I have 15 from my Silver, 1 :( from my Dalmatian, and 11 from my Creamsicle this last week. I'm happy and sooo grateful for that because these moms were treated with Fenbendazole in their food and Parasite Tabs last month... it put births on hold and stretched everything out.. I was partially expecting no live births... and YAY!!
27 babies are far from the 95ish I got from the 3 of them last month... but HAPPY! :D

Congrats! My lyre-tail females never have made lyre-tail babies. It would be be cool if you got some! Glad you saved some fry. Get pictures when you can. :)

The creamsicle lyretail babies born last month don't have any lyretails. This being the first round I've been able to save from my Silver... Soooo excited! I have these tiny 27 babies in a 10 gallon and 70ish 5, 6 & 7 week olds in a 20 gallon long.
Everyone's happy at the moment... I'm waiting on my 7 wk olds to be able to sexed to pick a couple for the 29 gallon with the adults.

The creamsicle lyretail babies born last month don't have any lyretails. This being the first round I've been able to save from my Silver... Soooo excited! I have these tiny 27 babies in a 10 gallon and 70ish 5, 6 & 7 week olds in a 20 gallon long.
Everyone's happy at the moment... I'm waiting on my 7 wk olds to be able to sexed to pick a couple for the 29 gallon with the adults.
Thats so great! I love the lyretails mollies. I think they are beutiful. Good luck with the babies. Keep us posted, and if you have any pictures, feel free to share!;)

Back
Top Bottom