Stocking for my kribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hobgob

Aquarium Advice Addict
My kribs recently had their first fry. At the start I had 8 but they all died. I had in the tank at the time
6 gold barbs
3 sterbai cories
1 upside-down catfish
1 GBR
1 sae Siamese Algae
And the two kribs made the count 14 fish. The tank is a 35 gallon tank with and undergravel filter using a my powerhead that has a gph rate of 235. I also have an aquaclear 30 hanging off the back as well.

Now I believe my catfish would have ate some of the fry if he ever got the chance. I did see the male krib and the upside-down catfish get into it a couple times near their dug out cave. Does anybody have any experience or an idea as to if it's possible. I took him out just incase of the next fry as well as my GBR and purchased a bristle nose pleco. So my current stocking is
6 gold barbs
3 sterbai cories
1 sae
1 bnp
2 kribs
Somy total stocking is 13. Would my fry have a better chance of surviving now that my upside cat is gone or will my pleco take its place?

Anyone? I just want some advice on if this stocking is good or if I need to rehome something. My pleco is about 1 1/2 inches long right now. I just want the babies to survive

Back
Top Bottom