Super Red BN pleco fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dave88

Aquarium Advice Activist
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1445182774.009460.jpg
Hello quick question my 2 BN have decided to take their relationship to the next level and have spawned about 20-30 fry in their cave.

It's been just over a week now since the fry were hatched and at least 3 days since the egg sacks have been eaten. How long will it take for them to emerge from the cave? Dad's still
In there and I haven't seen him eat for the whole period. I have attempted to entice them with vegs and wafers but no luck.

I'm new to these guys breeding and hopefully someone can give me some tips? I.e is normal wafers and the vast vegetable selection they eat still
Good for the fry?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Big congrats on the super reds!
I have 4 females:facepalm:
They should do fine with the 'normal ' menu IMO but hopefully we can the attention of other breeders here!

It took forever for my male bn to leave the kids. They started to migrate out on their own and at this point due to predation I decided to move the tube with dad in it. That made him mad of course and a few hours after the move he came out but the next day he was back in a tube even without females present.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Mine comes out to eat small amounts that I place at the tube entrance and he goes back really quickly. He could be getting a bit of food at night when he thinks other can't see him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Funny enough I just caught him outside and he went straight back in soon as he saw me. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1445197715.362265.jpg
Mums next door and the baby Molly is just photo bombing lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom