Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-24-2011, 12:23 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

uh fish given birth and now what do I do HELP!

ok So one week yes one week on of my brand new orange curve tail mollys is rather fat ok this morning i wake up to see at least 10 little ones! she gave birth and now im not sure what to do! do i leave them in the tank or do i get a seperate tank and put them in there till there full size cause it seems to be that the black molly and surprisingly the mother are trying to eat some! so please help!

20 gallon top fin aquarium and 20gal filter top fin with a a top fin heater. temp=76-80'f and a total of 7 fish (1 died not that long ago) 2-black mollys 2-orange curved tail mollys 3-longtailed tetras
ShadowFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:30 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

It's a personal choice. I leave my fry in the main tank and some survive, some don't. I have java moss for the fry to hide in. I do this as I don't want to become overun with fish. This keeps my tanks balanced.

75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:21 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

ok thanks i think i mught seperate them scince many have been eaten already and i dont have this moss stuff but i do have a seperate tank so thanks for the advice......Again lol
20 gallon top fin aquarium and 20gal filter top fin with a a top fin heater. temp=76-80'f and a total of 7 fish (1 died not that long ago) 2-black mollys 2-orange curved tail mollys 3-longtailed tetras
ShadowFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:32 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Keep your fry In a breeder if
You want them to survive

Tags
birth

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com