Unexpected angel eggs - no clue what to do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sudsybrew

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I really never thought it possible that my angels would propagate, but I have a ton of eggs on my intake valve. Since this is unexpected, I do not have a separate tank, so I will have to rely on the parents. If I understand what I read correctly, I need to separate them when they become swimmers - please correct me if I am wrong. Here is my plan, please correct where needed (I'd really like to save these little guys and need the help of folks smarter than myself...

1) leave them alone until they are swimmers
2) at that time put them in a mesh "corral" that will reside in the same tank.
3) At that time, I will feed them newly hatched brine shrimp at least twice a day.

Please point out any holes in this plan or offer any suggestions. Since they laid the eggs today, I am assuming they will be swimmers in a little over a week?

Thanks for your help!

(2) Angels
(5) Tetras
(3) Corys

Yeah that's good just make sure when they hatch you get them out or they will be eaten.... I suggest if you can do it carefully take them out now in the eggs an d put them in like a vase or a breeding container......

Back
Top Bottom