What to do with eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leave Fry in community w/ parents or separate into breeder?

• Leave eggs with parents to raise them, 95% chance of being eaten by community.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Take out eggs and artificially rear them.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

aquakev

Aquarium Advice Freak
My blue rams spawned again last night. almost exactly 1 week from the last time. There is only about 15 left from the last batch of fry and they are in a breeding net. My guess is that they will hatch out around midnight tonight California time. My choices are to separate the eggs again and artificially raise them, or to leave them in with the parents where they will probably be eaten within 24hrs of hatching.

If I artificially rear them, I will be selling them and using the money to buy another breeding tank.

Vote for your choice.

Kevin

here is a picture of the spawning site they chose this time.

It is a 60g planted discus/ram tank.
Temp. 84f
ph. of 6.8, GH? test kit expired.
Feed mainly blackworms, also omega one freshwater flakes in the morning and sometimes frozen brine shrimp.
They have been preparing to spawn on the days when I am gone all day. When I get home, the female's tube is extended and they are picking at a rock or digging a pit.

They prefer small, smooth and clean rocks. I saw them digging a pit and dropped in the rock they used last time over the pit. 30min later, eggs.

Usually they spawn on or around the first of every month, maybe I missed some. Recently, I raised the temp to 84 and I have had 2 spawns in as many weeks. I think the high protein diet of live C.B.W. is helping

Attachments

• charlotte_086__small_.jpg
    charlotte_086__small_.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 91
Back
Top Bottom