When and what to feed convict fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grode15

Aquarium Advice Activist
So my convict eggs just hatched today and I don't know when and what to feed them. I have a whole bunch of different fish foods like new life spectrum community pellets,new life spectrum cichlid formula,new life spectrum h2o stable wafers,omega one shrimp pellets,hikari cichlid gold pellets,api algae wafers,tetra min, tropical flakes, tetra color tropical granules, and omega one freeze dried bloodworms. I was wondering if I can just crush any of these foods up and feed it to them. If not I'll just buy hikari first bites.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I wouldn't feed them, I'd feed mom as normal and let the fry fend for themselves. . Hunger games style. . Only the strong/smart survive..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I feed my rivulatus fry crushed flakes (almost powder) i would prefer to feed them first bites but i don't got any right now. Most say too feed your fry 3-5 times a day, and usually you can see if they have had enough food by looking at their transparent stomachs. Also herd you can feed them hard-boiled egg yolk, but i haven't had much luck with that.

I also herd that its good to introduce a wide verity of foods, like sometimes ill scrape an algae wafer with a razor blade and it will powder the wafer so they can eat it.

Hope this helps and good luck :)

If they are in an established tank feed the tank as normal many will survive. If you have them separated crushed flakes works. If this is your first batch don't worry you will more in a month or so and every few months after that.

Back
Top Bottom