Which to breed in my 55 gallon.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bm5424

Aquarium Advice Activist
M sorry for my actions and what has happened in my last post. I hope you'll all forgive me but I'd really appreciate your help. I've narrowed it down to 2 maybe 3 choices. I'm looking for one that will be very interesting, good parents and one that will help me brake even or bring me close to that point. The market on the 3 are the same around here. They are either a type of apistogramma, probably cacatuoide, jack dempseys or flowerhorns. The seller of the flower horns says he will buy fry from me if I have too many.

I have herd that JD are easy to breed but other than that I don't no much about them. Have you thought about kribs? ( kribensis)

First you have to figure out where you are going to sell these fish. Then you have to figure out if you have a market for it. At that point you can determine what species of fish is in demand. Then you need to figure out which fish you can feasibly breed as well as grow out in your particular setup. It's not the best idea to use the breeding tank as the growout tank, and it can take a few months or more to grow out fish large enough to where most LFS will take them in at a decent price.

If it were as easy as just picking a species to break even then more people would be doing it. It takes a good bit of research on your part to figure out what might or might not work for you.

I have kribs in one of my tanks. And I would use a different tank for grow out. I'd remove fry once parents start to lose attention to them. If you were to chose between apistos and jds which would it be.

id take apistos,you could probably have more than 1 pair

Back
Top Bottom