Members of Aquariumadvice.com,
It is our pleasure to announce that we are moving the site to a new host.
The move will occur Dec 1st and could take as long as 48 hours. As with any growth, there will be a few growing pains :-(, this is unfortunate but necessary. For a brief time after the move, there will be some features that are not operational, and some that will work, but may go a little haywire.
Things to expect:
1. Main banner will not work.
2. Rank images will not work
3. Smilies will not work
4. Random logouts will occur (this may also happen when replying to a post so it is advisable to copy all replies and new posts to notepad, prior to submitting)
5. Adding reviews to the review section will not work.
6. Avatars that have been uploaded to the site will not function.
7. Users will be auto logged out when viewing the photo gallery.
8. Webring and newsletter sign-up may not work correctly.
While the list may seem long, we felt that this option would allow the site to stay open during the move, with no loss of data. After the site has been moved, we ask that you not use the following links (they will take you to the wrong site and any posts will be lost) .
We appreciate your patience in this matter, we are determined to make the move as painless as possible for our members, but some things are out of our control. These problems could last only a few hours, or as long as 48 hrs, they will occur as a result of the DNS servers being updated, some users will be updated before others. Once all the dns servers have been updated the site will return to normal operation and appearance. Again we appreciate your patience in this matter.
Please continue to access the site by going to http://www.aquariumadvice.com
The move will have no effect on our domain name. You will know the move is over when all the items above listed as items to expect are working correctly. Also durring the transition period you will see a redirect page with a link to the temporary URL by visiting www.aquariumadvice.com
once the move is complete you will no longer see this page.