email notification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wally

Aquarium Advice Activist
I never seem to get an email notification when a reply comes in for a post I am subscribed to. I have my email set un in my account info? any thoughts?

1) You get one email, until you visit the post, if you don't visit the specific post your subscribed to, no more emails are sent, as opposed to v-bulletin where just visiting the site is enough to resume email notification.
2) You have antispam software on your mail client and our emails are being labeled as spam, or your ISP's anti-spam filter has labeled us as spam.

Believe me emails are goiing out I got home to about 100 of them today, just from this site.

Moved to the site help feed back forum.

If you have AOL that might be the problem. I had to set up a Yahoo mail account for my e-mail so I could continue to get my notifications, since AOL, in their wisdom, wants to protect me from my message boards! Now I can't even post on some boards using AOL, and have to use IE to access them.

Wally, your e-mail address does not ring a bell with me for being one that gets bounced back.

I have the misfortune of getting all bounced and replys to the outgoing forum e-mails and I can tell you I know before many others when their inbox is over quota or when they mistype their e-mail address or when they cancel an account and forget to change it here.

Yours is probabaly being filtered out by some kind of anti spam rules.

They did not used to be so bad, but they make it difficult for me to function! We are moving soon and I plan to get cable internet in the new house, so I won't be using them much longer.

It is interesting how just the mention of those three little letters gets people going!

My ex-wife found her new husband on in an AOL chatroom!!!!! Whenever I get an AOL freed disc I play frisbee with it!!!!

I use Charter cable .net :)

I have the misfortune of getting all bounced and replys to the outgoing forum e-mails and I can tell you I know before many others when their inbox is over quota or when they mistype their e-mail address or when they cancel an account and forget to change it here.
That sucks. :?When I used to teach I could not believe how many students kept their inboxes FULL. :shotgun:

oh one more thing If I have some sort of filter in my email system I did not put it there. I checked the security section (Im not really good at computers) and it is set for the minimum of two settings??

I sent you two test emails, one from me which will go through my email server and one from the site. Let me know if you get either and/or which one.

I am guessing that when the site emails you via the email button it is not getting filtered. I would get with my ISP and see if they are running spam filtering software, and how to check to see what is being filtered. As noted above, you may have to set up a separate email for the site, I know you can pop a free hotmail acct, where I think you gotta pay to pop a yahoo acct.

You can always ask them to 'whitelist' the forum e-mail address. Im not going to post it here but if you dont know what it is then you can PM me or Kevin.

Back
Top Bottom