I cant see any of the pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AMANIQU77

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can anyone help me? I can't see any of the pictures y'all post on your comments. I only see the filename.jpg then the number of views.

Any tricks that I should know? How come suddenly I can't see them?

Moved to Site Help/Feedback forum.

Have you changed the setting on your firewall or anything? Is this happening at more than one computer? (home vs. work?) Also, this may sound a bit silly, but did you wait for the picture to load? Sometimes I see just the filename too, and then it sometimes takes 30 seconds or so for the picture to show up.

Sounds like you have images set to not display by default in your browser. Link us to some examples.

Does this help?

cantviewpics.JPG

Cannot See Picture on Website

Sorry, the website is acting up. so it sent my stuff without me sending it. Well, I had a long train of thought that couldn't wait 12 hours. So click on this topic, then:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=78394

I took my time but it's not showing. I made sure that my firewall is allowing www.aquariumadvice.com stuff.

I can see pictures posted as IMG property (The way we normally post pics, which is you put your photo in a photobucket website, get the property, then plug in as IMG, hyperlink, IMG. Just like how I did it right now.

I can see pics when posted like that. But the ones uploaded exactly on to the comment, nope.

I need a link vs a photo of a screen shot. I want to make sure I can see the image or not. If I can see the image than it is indeed something on your system that is keeping them from appearing but I cant do that till I have a link to a thread where you dont see the image.

The images your not seeing are technically thumbnail links to larger images. They are attachments that have been added to the posts via the file upload feature but I can see them and others can aswell so its got to be a setting on your system either with your browser or some firewall software.

Thank you very much for checking on it. I will figure this out. My girlfriend installed this Zone Alarm Pro thingie and it slows down the computer greatly, it doesn't allow me to see some images or what not from this website and from other commercial websites as well.

Reefrunner, thanks for hooking the admin up with a link. I appreciate the help truly.

Ah the famious Zone alarm. While a very good firewall if properly configured IMO its a bit to configurable for anyone except those that know exactly what they are doing as far as setting it up. Its way to easy to block things that are needed/wanted.

Back
Top Bottom