Newbie question on Forums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kjwcpm

Aquarium Advice Regular
I see that I'm not the only one to to make mistakes at the LFS, and then have to correct them through advice here. One question keeps popping up for me:

Why doesn't cycling have it's own forum?

It's critical knowledge. It's been referenced in more than 50% of the threads I've read so far. The fishless cycling advice from folks like eco23 are linked in many signatures. Yet it's not prominently displayed as it's own topic area.

Given the amount of focus and attention it needs, shouldn't it be featured and grouped for easy access?

There is a getting started section in each of SW and FW. While it is an important part of the hobby, there are a myriad of important topics, and we cannot have a sub forum for each specific topic. The other issue will be for new folks who don't know what cycling is or what it entails, the likelihood of them posting the thread in the correct forum is low. Most cycle threads start with "my fish died after 2 days in my new tank. Why?"

Thanks for the quick reply. The answer makes sense....I appreciate the clarification.

Back
Top Bottom