What does "bump" mean?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you post and haven't gotten an answer, then you might "bump" your thread. The posts are aranged in the forums and the search feature in chronological order, with the newest being at the top of the page, therefore bumping your thread will put it back on the top of the page and more likely to be seen. Bumping can work against you, a couple times per week, I will use the view unanswered posts search to try and make sure people are getting reponses to their questions, a bump will take your post out of that search, but it may also get you an answer quicker, life is full of hard choices, sometimes
570.gif

At the same time bumping a post to many times or to quickly could turn someone off to answering.

I would say bumping a post after 24 hours would be fine expecitally if there has been alot of posts after your inital post.

I have seen on other sites people bump a post after just an hour or so. Usually bumping that soon is not a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom