Why can't I view/post photos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have IE 6.0 on this machine, and my son is using the other PC w/5.0 on it right now, but I think this is the screen shot he's looking for (note - this is from 6.0):

Okay, here's what I found. Nothing.

Just kidding. ;-)

There doesn't seem to be a "Privacy" tab for IE 5.0. However, if you look at Flipper's screen shot above, it does show his setting to be *Medium*. One thing, Flipper - I noticed that the settings for "Internet" and "Local Internet" are separate. Can you check the cookie/security settings for both of these?

Nutscape nutscape nutscape -- from 4.3 in 1995 to 7.1 now. Never a problem! ROFLMAO....

Flipp - see above -- can you check the Security/cookie settings for both "Internet" and "Local Internet"? They seem to function separately.

On IE 5, in the internet properties box, under the security tab, with the globe highlighted what is the setting? If it is set to high, it disables cookies, no matter what you set the custom level too. It should be set to medium or low.

On IE 5, in the internet properties box, under the security tab, with the globe highlighted what is the setting? If it is set to high, it disables cookies, no matter what you set the custom level too. It should be set to medium or low.

Kevin, take a peek at his screen shot above - it shows medium. 8O I'm lost here.

Old laptop? Dang - I want a laptop! LOL

They are separate functions. But the second isn't Local Internet... It's Local Intranet. Different animal. What I don't understand, is why I can accept cookies from other sites, but not this one...[/b]

Snap - I'm pretty sure (not certain) that he's logging in from work. If that's the case, he may not have the option to change the browser.

I don't either, but I know at work, there is a scoring system as to whether sites are allowed to be viewed. If the site scores to high...it is not viewable.

There is obviously something we are missing, I however have no idea what it is.

When I change the setting to high....and pull the custom level back up, it always displays medium in the drop down box, even when set to high. Personally, I would click the default level button, make sure the slider is set to medium or medium-low and try again.

Ah sorry about that ... my brain is fried. I'm pretty lost here, sorry!
Hey, all you help is appreciated!

May I suggest updating your browser to start.
Unfortunately, there's some red tape involved in that, since this is a corporatecomputer! :twisted:

I don't suppose I could get the text file from someone else and plant it manually... :idea:

Problem solved. The system clock was set wrong, so cookies were expiring immediately!

Back
Top Bottom