0-1 PPM TDS after R/O Membrane Possible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RickkyBobby

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought a used kent 4 stage ro/di setup... Ive done alot of work to it after i got it.. (i should have just bought a brand new one, cost about the same.) The pre-filter and carbon block had been changed before i bought it and i just changed out the DI resin tonight.. Ive replace all fittings/hoses.. added pressure gauge and flush kit.

It came with a dual line TDS meter.. The unit was plumbed wrong when i got it, not sure if they ran it that way or not.. They had the water going thru the di resin first then to ro membrane then out of unit. I changed it back to the way it is suppose to be..

I am taking readings after the RO output and after the DI out put. After RO im getting 0-1 ppm tds.. After di resin 0 Tds.. I thought maybe the tds meter was bad, so i switched one of the probes to test incoming water supply it and it read 115-116 PPM TDS. SO , i assume the meter is ok..

So , my main question is ..IS it possible to have such a low TDS reading just after the RO membrane.. I'm guessing it is because my incoming water supply is only 115 or so and water pressure is 65-70 PSI.. Any help would be cool .. thanks

OH,, im filling my 65 gallon tank right now for the first time (started this project in july..lol) i just want to make sure my water is good!!

Back
Top Bottom